With these exercises – You will master the modes
Watch these Video Lessons
Master the major modes
Enter email for your FREE trial
No credit card required
The quickest way to master all modes
These final modal exercises will change the way you play the guitar forever.
Once completed you will see the modes as clearly as a painter experience colours. Music will soon come through you, not just from you.
The routine to master the major modes moves like this:
- Maj Pent – add #4 -Maj Pent – add maj7 – Maj Pent – Lydian
- Maj Pent – add 4 – Maj Pent – add maj7 – Maj Pent – Ionian
- Maj Pent – add 4 – Maj Pent – add b7 – Maj Pent – Mixolydian
Once this is completed – stop practising the major modes, start practising the minor modes!
Master the minor modes
These exercises will teach you the three minor modes as well as Phrygian Dominant, the Blues and Conspirian scales.
The exercise moves like this:
- Min Pent – add 2 – Min Pent – add 6 – Min Pent – Dorian
- Min Pent – add 2 – Min Pent – add b6 – Min Pent – Aeolian
- Min Pent – add b2 – Min Pent – add b6 – Min Pent – Phrygian
- Min Pent with 3rd – add b2 – Min Pent with 3rd – add b6 – Min Pent with 3rd – Phrygian Dominant
- Min Pent – add b5 (Blues scale) – Min Pent – add maj7 – Min Pent – Conspirian